Element 7 – GMDSS Radio Operating Practice
Element 7 – GMDSS Radio Operating Practices
FCC Element 7 covers GMDSS radio operating procedures and practices sufficient to show detailed practical knowledge of the operation of all GMDSS sub-systems and equipment. The exam consists of questions from the following categories: general information, narrow band direct printing, INMARSAT, NAVTEX, digital selective calling, and survival craft. To pass you must correctly answer at least 75 out of 100 questions.
Element 7 is a required written exam element for following FCC licenses:
Complete Element 7
To complete the element work your way down the list below. You only need to get an FRN and fill out the simple application form once even if you are taking multiple elements. We use that information to process what ever license you are going for in the long run.
- Study the question pool.
- Take the Sub-element practices quizzes or skip to the Final Practice Quiz.
- Pass the Final Practice Quiz with a 90% or higher to unlock the Final Exam.
- Create your FCC User Profile and get your FCC Registration Number (FRN).
- Call (866) 293-9308 or email email@example.com to schedule your Web Conference.
- During the Web Conference we:
- Check your identity
- Administer the Final Exam
- Email you a simple application form to gather your information so we can submit your license application
Buy Your Next Element
We offer students the opportunity to buy FCC elements one at a time to spread the cost of the course over multiple payments. You may enroll in additional elements through our Shop. If you would like guidance at any point please do not hesitate to Contact us. We are here to help.